Coating on headers?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Coating on headers??

Mattyj724
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
i did a search and didnt find what im looking for!!! i am buying new S&S headers but thier raw. to my knowledge you would get them Coated to keep them from releasing heat into the engine bay correct? anyone know where to get them coated and if not.. i know they sell this Wrap for your headers to keep heat in... i see it on Bikes alot. would that work.. i would rather get them coated bc it would look better.

notsoaveragej0e
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I've got jet hot coating on mine, looks great and there isn't much noticeable increased heat soak in the engine; as far as where... I have no idea, especially since you're in HI.

westerndragon
09-01-2009, 11:55 AM
google powder coating for automotive parts just be carefull when shipping

lone_wolf025
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I thought S&S still did their own coating? In any case its also a good idea to get them coated simply so that they don't rust. I got them raw around a year ago, and they were painted...still rusted. Its just surface rust mind you, but its still annoying.

stewartfn18
09-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought S&S still did their own coating? In any case its also a good idea to get them coated simply so that they don't rust. I got them raw around a year ago, and they were painted...still rusted. Its just surface rust mind you, but its still annoying.

mine arent rusting, but mine have only been on the car for like 2 months.

grandam3400
09-01-2009, 01:44 PM
S&S does ceramic coating... Which is what I would recommend if you want them to look nice and last.

lvemy3100
09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
s&s does not do their own coating... they ship them out and currently are having issues with the company not getting the headers back in a reasonable time frame causing issues with customers who are purchasing such. hense we (MP Racing) do not offer the ceramic coated headers at this time and we wont until we hear that the coating company is getting the headers out with a reasonable turnaround time

grandam3400
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
s&s does not do their own coating... they ship them out and currently are having issues with the company not getting the headers back in a reasonable time frame causing issues with customers who are purchasing such. hense we (MP Racing) do not offer the ceramic coated headers at this time and we wont until we hear that the coating company is getting the headers out with a reasonable turnaround time

I agree with Mark. I wanted over 6 weeks to get my headers and it was all due to their coating company. I wish he offered them at that time.

mfuller
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
I recommend http://www.boneheadperformance.com.
They ceramic-coated my S&S headers and they turned out great.
I had mine done in this color:
http://www.boneheadperformance.com/images/ceramic/tungsten%20grey2.jpg

AaronGTR
09-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I had ceramic coating on my TOG headers that wasn't that great and started flaking off. I sent them to jet hot for their extreme sterling ceramic coat and I couldn't be happier. They came out perfect, and they gave me an awesome price too! I highly recommend them.

notsoaveragej0e
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I had ceramic coating on my TOG headers that wasn't that great and started flaking off. I sent them to jet hot for their extreme sterling ceramic coat and I couldn't be happier. They came out perfect, and they gave me an awesome price too! I highly recommend them.

yeah, that's the one I got for the GTO-- sterling ceramic.