guage cluster, windows, blower motor not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : guage cluster, windows, blower motor not working

silvergt00
09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
"sometimes" when i start my car, the guage cluster, windows, blower motor, and auto headlights wont work unless i smack the sh*t out of my dash. I have taken my dash apart looking for any loose connections and couldnt find anything. I've also checked wiring diagrams for a common ground or supply for those, and just aint sure where to go next.....anybody with this same problem with some advice would be awsome.........

REV13
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
*bump*

GOT THE SAME PROBLEM.

Only now the cluster/windows/auto lights/AC dont turn on at all.

Here's what I've been able to do (which isn't much but might give some ideas to what the problem is)...

in the fuse box under the hood...theres two fuses (45 and 46 i believe) that according to the diagram are "ERLS" and "A/C Ignition".... if you check theres no current going thru them even though they are not blown. If you use one of those voltage readers to force current thru it...EVERYTHING WORKS! but once you take it away everything stops working (except the cluster..that stays on).

Any ideas? Anyone have a circuit/wiring diagram to see to what those fuses are connected to before I start taking apart stuff?

Miami weather + no A/C + no windows = HELL.

Pauljp
04-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Yup, I feel your pain dude. I'm in the same boat. I still haven't figured it out but I think REV13 is on the right track. There is another link to this same problem here:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81480
So far as I can tell, it is the main power line going from under the hood to the passenger side fuse box in the dash. There is simply no power getting there, which is why all your systems are not working. Every time I troubleshoot it, the problem goes away for several months. It is just starting to come back again now. Seems to be when the warm weather is around.
I am definitely going to check out the fuses that REV13 spoke of.
If you find out anything, please let us know.