Fuel filter / Transmission [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filter / Transmission

nolimit
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Afternoon gentlemen, couple questions,... i have an 03 grand am thats about to hit 50 thousand miles, i know on most cars/trucks with trannys for fluid and filter change is 50 thousand, i didnt get my car book when purchasing it, so is that correct for this make and model ???

and with the fuel filter when is it do, ??? ..... sorry i did the search thing but,it pulled up everything but fuel filter ,... lol Thanks !!

THEEMUTT
09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
50000 MI or 80000 KM
Replace
Fluid - A/T Notes

Fluid Filter - A/T Notes

Could not find a maintenance schedule on the fuel filter, I would replace it though with the a/t

Malaclypse
09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I usually replace fuel filters at 30k. Its a hell of alot cheaper than buying a new fuel pump.

AaronGTR
09-08-2009, 04:01 PM
^This. I also do like 3 years or 36k miles. They don't really give a schedule in the owners book, but fuel filters are cheap and they will get clogged up so that's a good interval for changing.

Transmission, the owners book says it never needs service for normal driving (yeah :rolleyes: ) and then gives a bunch of change intervals for if your driving conditions are hot/dirty/towing/ or lots of hills. I say just do it at least by 5 years or 100k miles. Fluid and filter. The fluid will absorb dirt and water over time just like brake fluid and the additive in it that protect your trans will get used up. And there's another thing to service... bleed brakes with new fluid every 3 years/36k miles. ;)

nolimit
09-09-2009, 02:19 PM
awsome info Aaron thanks,well like i posted esle where, i bought it in May this year with 44k,now Sept im border of hitting 50k, sooo, i dont know what or what not has been done to it so, i planning on starting my own maitence interval now so i know where i stand and know the next time it needs done,i try to follow maintence to the "T"
1.cause i think really pays in the long run
2.im going to try and see what kind of milage i can get out of this motor,drive it till it blows..lol

heres what i done so far, got new tires,lifetime brakes and rotors,
needing to do is, flush system with new Dexcool,get a rear alignment,tranny and fuel filter
i've LOST quite a bit of milage per tank,so i dont know if its the tires,filter or the fact that im in indiana and they switched gas blends,an may even do the brake fluid change ?? have to consider that,never done it

AaronGTR
09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
hehe, same thing I'm doing with my GP. No idea what the previous owner did with it, but it wasn't well maintained. So I fixed it up and now trying to drive it until the engine dies or the floor boards fall out. lol