How to reassemble multifunction Switch [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to reassemble multifunction Switch

cden
09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
04 grand am se. I took the multifunction switch apart to clean the turn signal contacts. doing so the turn signal arm poped out. so i had a mess to deal with. i spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to get it back together. what a way to spend a sunday afternoon, rather be watching football. so it's put together correctly and the headlights come and go. they turn on when the right turn signal is on and when i turn it off the headlights turn off. everything inside seems to be in place, and i used plenty of di electric grease. any info please help. i need some kind of a breakdown picture or something. i will be walking to work:( thanks for any info.

Lab Rat
09-14-2009, 05:26 AM
Push the horn pin in when you reassemble. Hopefully you will be able to straighten the horn ring enough so as to not have to replace that.

cden
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
the horn pin went in fine. i reassembled everything and attached all the wire harnesses. like i said turn signals work fine now, headlights will not come on and when they do it's the brights. they will come on when you turn on the right turn signal, then they turn off.

Lab Rat
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
No idea then. Usually the fu'ed contact of the hornring is what causes most peoples problems.

homeskillit37
09-14-2009, 09:34 AM
If you can't get it working right I have a switch out of my old 2000 SE sitting here. It still does the clicking noise. I was just lazy and replaced mine. You can have it for shipping if you need another.

Y2KGA
09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Are the highbeams coming on (blue light on dashboard) or the actual headlights and parking lamps?