my passenger window rattles :( [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : my passenger window rattles :(

Laurie
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
If I have the power window open (full or part way) when you close the door the window rattles...

I wish I was a mechanic !!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

someone come for a drive and please fix the darn thing :(

PhantomLover007
09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Is the black rubber piece (window guide or whatever) still there at the flat part of the door?

Laurie
09-16-2009, 05:26 AM
will double check when i head out to work this morning.. I am pretty sure that piece is still there

Kaptain Kirk
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I bet one or both window sashes are broken.

RPO3
09-20-2009, 10:17 PM

If thats the case then when the next one goes, no more power windows
but Sash clips are $9.99 @ autozone homie

lone_wolf025
09-20-2009, 10:20 PM

I'd put money on this. My door was rattling when I closed it and sure enough I had a busted sash clip.

Laurie
09-21-2009, 04:21 AM
I'm trying to find someone to take the door panel off and find out for me.. I hate to take it to a mechanic

PhantomLover007
09-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Door panel isn't hard to remove. Pop out and disconnect the window controls and the tweeter sail. There are 3 screws to remove IIRC. One under the reflector (be careful removing that because the plastic posts are kinda weak), another screw where the hand grab is and one inside the hole where the window controls were. As for the panel, pull from the lower outer part and work inwards and up, then push upwards so the panel will pop out of the window area.

I hope I didn't confuse you. lol

lone_wolf025
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Yea the panel you need just a couple screwdrivers for. One phillips with a small head to get the trim piece behind the door opener handle, and a big one for the other screws. There's a little gap on the underside of the panel you can slip a couple fingers into to get a grip to pop the panel off.

Laurie
09-21-2009, 04:29 PM
i bought the haynes repair manual and you all make sense..

biggest problem is the guy I bought the car from glued the dam reflector back in its spot cause it had broken off...

maybe I will tackle this once I'm done my 12 day work week..

once I get it off.. then what ??? lol

PhantomLover007
09-21-2009, 07:28 PM
i bought the haynes repair manual and you all make sense..

biggest problem is the guy I bought the car from glued the dam reflector back in its spot cause it had broken off...

maybe I will tackle this once I'm done my 12 day work week..

once I get it off.. then what ??? lol

lol. I guess he didn't feel like spending a little bit to get a new one. ;crap