Hydrolock... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hydrolock...

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Well i got another f up... its been raining all day down here in pitt and it picked up and kinda flash flooded and i just got my car into my garage... and the engine is locked.... im going to see if i can fix it by taking off the heads and getting it all dried out... and one hell of a long night...

Any suggestions or anyone that has had this problem and fixed it this way?

GrandAmMe
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
That suck majorly...... did u pull the plugs before you pulled the heads to get some water out that way?

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 05:47 PM
no im just now starting...

GrandAmMe
09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
ok well what i would do is just pull all front 3 plugs and check and see which ones are wet and which ones are dry....You may of got lucky and only got a few in the front locked but pull the back ones if necessary. Instead of having to rip apart the motor just pull the plugs....take apart the air intake assembly...change oil 2 times if the water was that bad etc....

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 06:09 PM
yah 5 outta the 6 r wet and drained the oil... ater came out first then the oil... gonna try using the lucas oil flush... or what ever its called new plugs. i used the starter to crank it to push out as much water as i could through the spark plug holes before draining the oil

GrandAmMe
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
ok well if u think u got a good amount if not all the water out using the spark plug methop then you might be fine!

lone_wolf025
09-21-2009, 06:28 PM
ok well if u think u got a good amount if not all the water out using the spark plug methop then you might be fine!

Hopefully. This didn't happen while you were driving did it? I don't think the starter has enough power to bend a piston rod so provided you didn't run it and then have it stop you should be good. Also, double check all your sensors and wiring and make sure they're dried out. Battery should be disconnected if its not already until its dried up.

XtremeGaGt00
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM
this happened to me also, my engine gulped in a good amout of water..i took the plugs out, cranked the motor..water came out like a geiser..i let it sit all night with a fan blowing into the t.b. with the linkage w.o.t. fired up the next day..

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
ok im gonna have to take off the uim to make sure all the water is out of the manifolds... dried the plugs and have been flushing the oil with seafoam and lucas oil addative...

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 06:41 PM
oh and my battery is in the trunk so thats all good

lone_wolf025
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
oh and my battery is in the trunk so thats all good

My thought is that you should just disconnect it (provided you don't have a big fuse inline with the wires off the battery) so that if something is still wet you won't short it out. Chances are its fine, but better safe than sorry.

Oh and don't over flush the engine with cleaners. When you get the car running again you'll want to have a coating of oil on the parts just so that the initial wear is at a minimum so just keep that in mind.

PhantomLover007
09-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Damn. Some messed up sh1t. I hope ya get the GA running again.

GrandAmMe
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I hope that it wasnt running at full operating temp cause you could of cracked a piston

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 07:37 PM
no it wasent. but it was running when i hit the water. and ya thats why i used the lucas after the seafoam

lone_wolf025
09-21-2009, 07:42 PM
no it wasent. but it was running when i hit the water. and ya thats why i used the lucas after the seafoam

It was running when you hit the water? Uhh...well hopefully nothing major was damaged. Guess you'll have to wait and see once everything is dried out.

GA2000GTSpeed
09-21-2009, 08:31 PM
well it took awhile but she started up for me... i only ran her for a lil cause im drying out my filter and my tubing is just pointing up for now just so i could get her going... but shes alive and i prolly wont know how she runes till morn

GrandAmMe
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Good to hear and if i were you i wouldnt re use the filter...just get a new one.

Lamech
09-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I hope everything works out well for you tomorrow, knew a guy with a GTO that got some similar bad luck. Just a quick bit about your avatar and this is no lie.

A year ago and friend and I got pulled over by a cop doing only 5 over. First time I was ever pulled over so I was nervous as hell. Cop comes to the window and asks me what my excuse was for going over the stated speed limit.

Before I could answer with something serious, my friend blurts out "WE WERE IN A HURRY TO GET THESE DELICIOUS DONUTS TO YOU!!!" Luckily for me he was in a good mood and we all got a good laugh out of it and I got away with a warning.

Never have I been pulled over for 5 over but o well, just make sure you have fresh pastries with you at all times!

GA2000GTSpeed
09-22-2009, 12:22 AM
well i got the filter dried out good with a fan and i have been driving my ga for the past half hour she runs fine now that i fixed my vacuum leaks...

Lol nice one ill remember that lol