Hood latch not working - manual open? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hood latch not working - manual open?

dooder85
09-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Is there any way to manually open the hood on a 92? I went to pop the hood today and there's no pressure on the latch, so i'm assuming that little cable snapped, the secondary latch has no inclination to move. I've pressed down on the hood numerous times thinking initially that it may have been stuck, but that's definitely not the case :(

SSRacer
09-23-2009, 12:32 PM
crowbar :smack:

GrandAmMe
09-23-2009, 02:06 PM
if you take the grills out you can unbolt the whole latch assembly but you have to disconnect the cable for the latch.

PhantomLover007
09-23-2009, 08:49 PM
The cable adjuster may have loosened a bit. Pull the hood release latch inside the car out a bit and use a pair of needle noses to pull the cable. This should release everything. I have had the same problem w/ my wife's Satty.

skitzo63
10-21-2009, 12:10 AM
I have the same prob. Except I can not see no cord hanging or anything, the wire is not broke on the inside of the car I just pull the cord and its pure slack, the hood is fully closed, I don't know what to do....

skitzo63
10-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I figured it out you have to use a long flat head screw driver, go threw the gril and push the safty latch...if the saftly latch cord was brooken it wouldnt be hard to open it...