Parking Break Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Parking Break Light

alocaurd
09-24-2009, 06:10 PM
hi guys,

So i just installed a T fitting to my FPR and installed a vaccuum gauge to it, and now my parking break light is on. ive tried disconnecting the gauge and diconnecting the T but the light still stays on now. there is no warning sound when i am moving like if the parking break was actually engaged, and the sound does come on when i pull the parking break. i do have an SES light but i just had it scanned yesterday and it is my gas cap.

whats the cause?
thanks

DrFabulous
09-24-2009, 06:12 PM
It's caused by your incorrect use of the word "brake". Brakes stop your car, break is what you do to your wrist.

Dunno the actual cause, but I'd just cover the light with tape. Its not like your handbrake could be on without you knowing anyways.

alocaurd
09-24-2009, 06:19 PM
yeah yeah i have the flu cut me some slack! anyways tape would work but i'd rather have a clean dash without the light on and to know why it is on in the first place if not because of the handbrake

2000 GT Coupe
09-24-2009, 08:28 PM
could be low brake fluid in the master cylinder. If your abs light is on as well the ecbm could be requesting the light.

alocaurd
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
could be low brake fluid in the master cylinder. If your abs light is on as well the ecbm could be requesting the light.

thanks that may be the case as my abs light is on, but i dont know for sure as my abs light is on all the time due to a pulled fuse and a bad sensor so im not sure

PhantomLover007
09-24-2009, 09:55 PM
It's caused by your incorrect use of the word "brake". Brakes stop your car, break is what you do to your wrist.

lol lol

alocaurd
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
the only reason this concerned me other than if i probably have low brake fluid, is that something started draining my battery at the same time as this light came on. now when i leave the car overnight, i have JUST enough power to start it in the morning. im probably going to have to hook up a multimeter and start pulling fuses, but i think i have some wiring issues with the car anyway, as my left signal seems shorted and clicks fast even though all bulbs are good, and on of my left brake light bulbs doesnt come on when i press the brakes, even though it flashes fine when i use my remote to lock or unlock. any ideas?

Edit: update, my SES went off and my batery seemed fine overnight, but my brake light is still on, and my fluid level is fine