Wipers erratic washer doesn't spray [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wipers erratic washer doesn't spray

undersc0re
09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I had problems with my wiper motor acting all weird and eratic and not finding its home position, it was jittery and the spray wouldn't work all the time, eventually it could find itsa home and the spray button would not work at all like it was disconnected.

I put a new motor in today and now the wipers are all erratic again and the washer pump still does not work. Is there a simple fix for this? I understand this wiper motor could be screwed as well but man what a pain in the butt and 100 bux later. Just wondering if there is common single issue like shorted switch or sumthin. Thx.

PhantomLover007
09-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Possibly clogged. Take a needle and stick it into the sprayer nozzle. Also, if you can disconnect the hose from the sprayer on the wiper and from the resivoir, blow some air through it to see if anything dislodges.

undersc0re
09-27-2009, 06:11 AM
Possibly clogged. Take a needle and stick it into the sprayer nozzle. Also, if you can disconnect the hose from the sprayer on the wiper and from the resivoir, blow some air through it to see if anything dislodges.

I had it all apart, bending and pushing wires while running it and trying sprayer. The pump will not even run, I was thinking I got another bad motor here (new) if thats possible. If I push the washer button it shorts sumthin and the wipers pause. Man this alero is pissin me off lol. One thing after another, the cruise button just stopped working a while ago too....it never ends! I was gonna just use wipers and rig a button on the dash somewhere lol.