loose rockers? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : loose rockers?

350rs
09-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Have any of you who have had to do the LIM change, or had the factory rockers loose, had to tighten the rockers again? Im getting progressively more noise from under the hood. Almost sounds like loose rockers, but could be something else. I never did check them after a few heat and cool cycles. Its a simple fix, but if i dont have to waste my time i wont. I torqued them down according to the haynes manual, but thats not to say they dont need to be checked again.

AaronGTR
09-27-2009, 02:35 PM
I've never heard of them getting loose. Usually once you torque them down and they have some upward pressure from the valve spring and pushrod that keeps them locked in place. Or it should anyway.

Malaclypse
09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
If torqued to spec I wouldn't suspect the rockers of coming loose. Never seen it happen when a proper repair is done.

Its probably the normal lifter noise that happens to these engines. It usually starts after an intake is done for the first time and I've never figured out why. Basically don't worry about it. If you feel like checking the rockers you certainly can for peace of mind.

350rs
09-27-2009, 10:00 PM
nah this isnt lifter noise. its constant throughout engine temps, increases and decreses with RPM. Motor runs fine, its just an annoyance. Ill pull the covers and see what they are at now. SHOULD still be nice and tight yes, but sometimes ya just never know.