Brake system problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake system problem

GrandAmMe
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok so whenever i turn left my brake light pops on. I checked the fluid in the reservoir and its spot o the "MIN" mark. I am wondering why i lost some fluid? It would make sense for the light to come on when making left turns because the sensor seems to lef on the right side..I also noticed a few puddles a few weeks ago in my drive way but it smelled noting out of the ordinary and looked like water from the air conditioner but took weeks to finally dry up. Brake pressure is strong and firm but this still worries me.....any ideas?

Malaclypse
10-01-2009, 05:06 PM
With the car off, press on the brake pedal several times to bleed the remaining vacuum from the brake booster.

Then press hard on the brake pedal and hold pressure. If the pedal sinks on the initial press but doesn't move after that, you have no brake system leaks.

Sometimes with heat cycling of fluids, some of it is lost because the system isn't sealed completely. The same happens with power steering fluid. Its nothing wrong with the vehicle, just the fact that the design of the cap allows some fluid to escape in vapor form over a long period of time.

Just top off the fluid and you'll be fine. One thing I'd reccomend though is to flush the brake system. Brake fluid absorbs moisture so over time the boiling point is lowered and brake pedal response decreases slightly.

GrandAmMe
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
yep already added brake fluid tonight...hope all turns out good....