HVAC : Vent Selector not Working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HVAC : Vent Selector not Working

jaketuff
10-04-2009, 01:28 PM
My HVAC Selector is not operating between the upper and lower vents and the defroster only selector. Does anyone else have this problem and any solution to fix the problem? I dug around a bit and find little to nothing...

Thanks
PB

skifreak122
10-04-2009, 02:18 PM
From what I've read, vacuum is used to operate the HVAC directional controls. Give the vacuum lines a good visual inspection and/or spray some starting fluid on them to see if you possibly have a little leak somewhere.

lone_wolf025
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
From what I've read, vacuum is used to operate the HVAC directional controls. Give the vacuum lines a good visual inspection and/or spray some starting fluid on them to see if you possibly have a little leak somewhere.

x2 I couldn't put it better if I tried.

juanvan
04-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry to bring back a kinda dead thread - The hvac control hose is ran in the black hose route on top of the throttle body, mine just slid off and I had a hell of a time finding it, with out spraying anything. It ends just past the throttle body and connects at the top of the intake to other hoses. 00 3.4 model

I could not find a vac canister anywhere on the car, maybe someone can post a pic of it if there is one.