Another Minnesotan [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Another Minnesotan

johnackley
10-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello, My name is Jonni, i live in Pine City, pretty close to alot of guys here!

I have a white 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe that is awaiting attention from the still boxed intake and random other parts i have waiting for me as soon as im out of Iraq.

i have $6000 in to the car already, most of it was getting it on the road: shocks, tranny plate (the name escapes me now) stupidly expensive tires, and a host of tune up parts.

i have stereo equipment (looks like a radio shack tipped over inside) including a 5" dvd player an 8" fold down ceiling monitor, 2 5" headrest monitors, 1 underpowered sub, and possibly my favorite feature, a Stereo HiFi 8-Track player that fits perfectly in the cubby below the heater knobs.

the first thing i want to do to it, besides installing the intake, is have the computer tuned, as this will be my daily driver, i want the best gas milage i can get.

so i will be back in MN late October, If anyone knows of meetings/shows/swap meets in the area i would love to attend.

i forgot to add in the Remote Starter that is giving me so much hell! the battery went dead last time i was gone, and now it will start the car and kill it right away!

notsoaveragej0e
10-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Welcome!

So when you say you have 6g's into it, you that includes the price of the car, right?

...and you're joking about the 8track player, right?

DrFabulous
10-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh.... oh my.....

Welcome from fellow MN armed forces member! Let us know when you get back, we can have a little get-together

johnackley
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
6g is in the price, which was almost 3k, i know i payed a little much for it, but its in great shape.

the 8-track player is no joke, ive got a 3.35mm jack coming out of it going into the dvd head unit, i am also equipped to record my own tapes, believe it or not i get amazing bass from those old things!

THEEMUTT
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
welcome!!

RPO3
10-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Aaaaye