Cut out [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cut out

tiM
10-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Anybody have an under body picture of a cut out?

I want to see it before I attempt it.

lone_wolf025
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Anybody have an under body picture of a cut out?

I want to see it before I attempt it.

Probably some around. Where do you want to put it?

tiM
10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
I have a stock, 2005 dual exhaust in my GT right now and I want to cut it out so that it makes it the exhaust louder and have a deeper sound to it.

I found a video on youtube that somebody posted and I really liked the sound of it and I messaged the guy who posted it. It's been a while and he still hasn't gotten back to me. So I was wondering if you guys could help.

Thanks.

timberwoof
10-21-2009, 03:29 PM
I'de like to get an electronic one and make it go out the passenger side just after the CAT. Lone Wolf, don't you have a cut out or did you get rid of it.

AaronGTR
10-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I've got an electric on mine, right in front of the cat. You'll definitely want to get an electric so you can open and close it as you want. It's a PITA to have to crawl under the car all the time for the cheap cut-outs with bolt on covers, and you won't want to drive around with it open all the time. It will be annoying and loud as hell, and it's illegal.

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/43757/2861801520052938416S600x600Q85.jpg (http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2861801520052938416kwIrdI)

alocaurd
10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Aaron, what do you have running through that cooler down the passenger side if i might ask? /endhijack

timberwoof
10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Do you feel any difference with the cut out open Aaron? Cause I thought you had a full exhaust system.

AaronGTR
10-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Aaron, what do you have running through that cooler down the passenger side if i might ask? /endhijack

Power steering cooler. I added that in place of the rather small stock loop when I had to replace the power steering return hose. Blew it during a lapping session at a race track, because I had an exhaust leak at the header gasket and the stock hose didn't hold up to the heat.

Do you feel any difference with the cut out open Aaron? Cause I thought you had a full exhaust system.

Hard to say. I only use it at the track of course, but the biggest difference in my ET's depends on how I hook up since I'm not using DR's yet, so it can't be attributed to the cut-out. I really would like to dyno it open and closed and see if there's a difference.

lone_wolf025
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't have an electric cutout anymore unfortunately, but the y-pipe is still in place. It does make enough of a difference that I was able to run quarter mile times comparable to those with cat-back systems. Right now though, ever since I got rid of the resonator, it sounds like ass and I noticeably lose low-end torque. Still, I wish I had a new motor that didn't burn out...I'd love to have it again rather than having to crawl under the car to take off the plate and put it back on.