No Power Windows, A/C, or gauges [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No Power Windows, A/C, or gauges

jsm7483
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I think this might be my BCM or a fuse. I am checking fuses later tonight after work. But I wanted to get the groups opinion on what this might be if it is not a fuse. I started my car and there was a delayed response in the initial gauge sweeps, also none of my electrical in car (Radio and such) turned on until after the sweep. But the engine was running. I started to drive the car and the cluster died but the service lights were still on. As well, the power window switches and the Air Conditioning shut off. I have the Service Vehicle Soon, Service Engine Soon, ABS, and Trac Off lights lit. As well as my neverending fight with the Security light being lit. Any theories? Mine are fuses then BCM.

silvergt00
10-22-2009, 08:04 PM
I have the same problem, except I figured out that if you smack the dash really hard, everything comes on......I posted a similar question on here a while back and got no replies. I looked at the wiring diagram for all the components that dont work, and the only thing they all have in common is the BCM. The only problem with that theory is that the BCM is under the glove box, not in the dash??????? I pulled my instrument cluster and radio out and checked for any loose connections but came up empty. If you find anything, re-post with results because im dying to figure this out..........

burgett2103
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
haha this exact thing happened to my friends mom's grand am when we were wiring up leds. everything shut off and didn't even have headlights.. but his dad messed with it and got it working so no i don't have an exact answer just thought i'd share the story

Pauljp
10-23-2009, 07:47 AM
We are discussing the same problem here:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81480
So far no luck figuring it out.