Right windshield wipers stopped working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Right windshield wipers stopped working

soccerguy1277
10-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I was driving my '03 Grand Am GT on Friday and the right windshield wiper stopped working while the left continues working fine. I think that both wipers have the same motor, so there must something else wrong. Has anybody had a similar experience? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Pauljp
10-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes, there is only one wiper motor.
It seems like your linkage let go.
Before tearing it all apart, a major PITA, take your wiper arm off and check the knurled center pin to see if it goes back and forth when your wipers are going.
You should not be able to stop it with your fingers.
It could be as simple as a stripped wiper arm.

soccerguy1277
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Before tearing it all apart, a major PITA, take your wiper arm off and check the knurled center pin to see if it goes back and forth when your wipers are going.

Yeah, you are right, it was the linkage that let go. I just had to fix that and it is working now. Thanks.

soccerguy1277
11-06-2009, 09:03 PM

So, I thought I fixed the linkage but I was wrong as it came part the other day. The problem seem to be on the connection between the right wiper arm and the extension from left wiper that has the motor. The issue is that they dont hold together and I dont know how I can make it. I am really hesitating to take it to the shop b/c I know that they are going to ask for a lot of money to fix it.....Has anybody else had this issue at all and have recommendations on how to permanently fix it.

[ChaosweaveR]
11-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Rock the one wiper mod.

burgett2103
11-06-2009, 09:54 PM
;1101800']Rock the one wiper mod.

i'm doing that now as i lost the nut that holds it in

soccerguy1277
11-08-2009, 07:05 PM
i'm doing that now as i lost the nut that holds it in

What do you mean by "Rock the one wiper mod"?

Burgett - did you fix it? what did you exactly do?

jenwhite
06-09-2012, 04:05 AM
windshield wiper arms has only one windshield wiper motor. Wiper arms can break just like the blades.. you might need to tighten the nuts or there might be worn out parts.