Power windows problems!! Stumped!? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Power windows problems!! Stumped!?

maxxoholic420
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
So one day this past weekend I'm driving and I try to roll down my windows because it's a bit stuffy and neither of the front windows work!! Both of my rears work just fine though. I once in a looong while have my front passenger window motor get "stuck" but banging on the door a bit gets it loose and running again. But now both of them don't move even slightly. I think I can hear the relays engage when I push the switch down but that's about it. What should I check first before ripping my door panels off first? I checked the "Power window circuit breaker" in the right fuse box but it's just a silver box that I can't really do anything with. Any suggestions guys?!

icecats87
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Its most likely the window regulator if the motor still works then it is the regulator and it snapped off the sash clips attached to window, or it might even be the sash clips you wont find out till you take door apart.

rocketfast123
10-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Have you tried holding down while shutting the door?. The next step would be taking the door panels off and making sure you have a good connection. Hold down while tapping on the motor. If it works take the motor apart give it a good cleaning with contact spray. And oil the moving parts with 3in1 oil.

maxxoholic420
11-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Have you tried holding down while shutting the door?. The next step would be taking the door panels off and making sure you have a good connection. Hold down while tapping on the motor. If it works take the motor apart give it a good cleaning with contact spray. And oil the moving parts with 3in1 oil.

Yes! Thank you! I held the switch down while shutting the door and that worked perfect! So are you saying I should lube up the motor more to prevent this from happening?

rocketfast123
11-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Clean the motor, and then oil the moving parts.