Fuel level sensor kit [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel level sensor kit

jryland
11-02-2009, 06:53 AM
My daughters '99 Grand AM GT has the erratic fuel level gauge symptoms has anyone tried one of these kits?

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350207654597&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

The dealer wants over $100 for a new part!

AaronGTR
11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Never seen or heard of that. It looks like maybe it's only the part that needs to be replaced in the fuel sending unit. The reason the dealership wants so much is 'cause they don't service that part separately. It comes from their supplier as a unit with all the fuel tank sensors and electronics in it, so they only replace the whole thing as a unit. You might be able to buy that thing and just replace that according to their directions. You'll still have to drop the gas tank from the car and take the pump assembly out. I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, but it might be worth trying for the price.

GrandAmGTTT
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I have a 99 gagt and mine did that as well but it stopped doing it after a few days or a week i think, and it hasn't done it since. I believe its been a year or two now and i have had no problems.