GT trunk lid [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GT trunk lid

jryland
11-05-2009, 07:28 AM
I am looking to get a used trunk/lid from a junk yard for my daughters GT which has a spoiler. Anyone know if I can get any model Grand AM trunk lid that has a spoiler on it and it will fit or does it have to be off a GT?

Obviously it has to be within the same model year (99 thru 2004).

Jake
11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Se or Gt will fit.

jryland
11-05-2009, 08:47 AM
The badge on the one I am looking at just says "Grand AM". My daughters old one says "Grand AM GT". Is the one that just says "Grand AM" from the SE?

Thanks

Bryan
11-05-2009, 08:55 AM
The one that just says 'Grand Am' in the middle is the SE trunk. You could always swap out the badges though.

jryland
11-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Now I have a used trunk lid from the junk yard I am trying to get it to fit "correctly".

1. If I remove the bumper cover are there bolts to adjust the height of the lock catch like the Hynes manual says?

2. Anyone had success in installing one by putting the lid on and tightening up the bolts while the lid is closed from inside the car through the back seats? I tried this twice. The first time I couldn't release the trunk - all to tight I guess. Second time the lock on the trunk lid wouldn't hit the lock catch on the body - that's why I wanted to know if I can adjust the catch.

Right now I have it closing and locking ok - even with the remote on the key chain but there is a large gap on both sides at the rear. When the snow comes I am sure if it melts its going to pour into the trunk.

Any tips?