wierdo parking light issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wierdo parking light issue

LT4 trans am
11-27-2009, 03:30 PM
This questions pertains to a 2000 Grand Am GT

First off , DRL relay , auto parking light relay , auto headlamps relay , and parking light fuse are all verified GOOD and all the wiring looks fine . Problem ....No front parking lights , turn signals dont work or fog lights , NO DRL's . When I turn the car on in the garage , the headlamps come on like normal just with no front parking lights or fog lights . If I trick the ALS with a flash light , the DRL relay will click like it normally does when the switch to DRL mode happens , but lights go out and no DRL's . The rear lights work fine oddly and the rest of the instrument panel lights light up fine .

The instrument cluster is not in the car at the moment . Could that be causing this wierd problem . I know theres a few issues in many of the newer GM's when u remove the radio or instrument cluster .

Maybe someone else has had this wierd issue , cuz Im kinda stumped . Im very knowledgeable with with automotive wiring , so Im surprised I cant figure this out as of yet .

LT4 trans am
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Guess Ill reply to this in case someone else has the problem and its searchable . Having the instrument cluster out of the car was the whole reason the front parking lights and fog lights didnt work . Put the cluster back in and like magic all is well again .

PhantomLover007
12-02-2009, 02:32 PM
The connector behind the hazard switch is the key to it all. I forgot to hook that back up and was wondering why none of my sh1t worked.