Radio antenna wire not working... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio antenna wire not working...

2000GAGT
11-29-2009, 10:09 AM
so my radio stopped working, just static this last spring and i noticed where the wire connects into the back of the stereo, the metal part thats crimped on the wire was coming apart from being pulled or something.

as far as i know the wire that connects into the back of the stereo runs along the passenger side underneath the door frame. I found a spot where it can be disconnected along the side near the floor light under the glove box. if that is correct?

i went to the dealer to get a new wire and they had a hard time looking it up...so i finally got them to find something that took three days for them to ship to their location. I tried the wire but one end was smaller than the other (male - male wire) so it would not connect on both sides. I found at Walmart a universal adapter kit that had a ton of plugs on it and had the piece i needed so I tried it and everything is plugged in but all i still get is static.

any ideas?? the radio head unit works, i can play cds and sd cards i just can't get a.m. or f.m. stations to come in. is there something i might be missing to this puzzle?

IanGT99
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Take some pictures if you can of your problem. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're talking about...