Factory 6x9 speakers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Factory 6x9 speakers

nolimit
12-03-2009, 11:41 PM
afternoon gentlemen and ladies,well as some of you may know,i own a 03 gt,about a month or so ago i blew a rear speaker,the lady friend has been getting on me because of the rattle..lol,so last night as i was doing my daily fluid checking (mainly watching the intake gasket) i went ahead and pulled the speaker,today i went to about 6 junk yards today to try to find a factory one, well, out of the 30 grand ams i found between 99-05 about 5 of them had my style,mine has the one plug and the 5 that i found was either dry rotted or already blown,i wasn't aware that there was two different kinds ..lol,Also them darn front halogen bulb clips,Impossible to find in a yard,might as well suck it up and by those new

CrimsonGT
12-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Well your monsoon 6x9's you can buy the factory upgraded version from ebay . From i am told they sound better then the factory set i just went out paid 40 bux for a pair of POS pioneers. As for the bulb clips you may have to order one from GM part's direct if you cant find one at a salvage yard.

nolimit
12-04-2009, 11:42 AM
hello, with the ebay thing,i've searched and couldnt find anything for pontiac,unless im not doing something right,if you don't mind,would you mind posting me a link

PhantomLover007
12-04-2009, 11:47 AM
I got a set of replacement 6x9's from E-Bay over 2 yrs ago.

CrimsonGT
12-05-2009, 07:40 AM
hello, with the ebay thing,i've searched and couldnt find anything for pontiac,unless im not doing something right,if you don't mind,would you mind posting me a link

Well if you cant find them on ebay try Gmpartsdirect.com and enter part # 22698418 that should be for the rear monsoon's they had them listed for $34.83 last i looked.