Need help gettin key / ign out [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help gettin key / ign out

robt
12-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Heres the problem. I got an 02 GAGT. Thekey cylinder locked up and can't get the key to turn in the lock. I am replacing the ign. but the manual says to put the key in to and turn to run to drop the cylinder out. I calledaround and they say I can't cut the wires, cuz the car won't start. They said I had to drill it out. Well i'm not sure of what they mean, and was ondering if I broke away the other one till I could get the wires free, would that work?

Lab Rat
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Can you pull the cable? That is what is hooked up to the shifter and will turn when in park, or you manually pull on the cable. Otherwise, no help.

robt
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Yea the hey was working then it must have went out. It would not let me turn the key back to "off" to pull it out. I had to release the cable from the back side of the switch, where its held on by a plastic clip. Once I released the clip and cable then the key came out. But now I can't get the cable to go back in there, so I can turn the key to run, then push the release on the side to remove the cylinder.