Hesitation/misfire around 3500. Stalling when placed in gear. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation/misfire around 3500. Stalling when placed in gear.

XDRKMANX
12-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I've had my car die out on me a few times when shifting it out of park and into reverse. I'm also getting a hesitation when I accelerate hard from a stop and also seems to happen around 3500rpm. No check engine lights on at this time. I have a EGR stuck open code come and go in the past, but nothing at the moment.

RPO3
12-24-2009, 07:35 PM
I think i might be getting that hesitation as well, between 35-45 mph feels like the car is rocking/jerking back and forth

RPO3
12-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Wait...
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24465

XDRKMANX
12-27-2009, 01:22 PM
update: My problem seems to be getting worst. When at a light I will start to take off and the car will just start jerking back and forth, this will happen around 6-7 times until the car starts going. The car has also stalled out on me a few times when I've tried taking off form stop. It's also stalled a couple times when I was just driving slow (i.e. slowing down to take a turn. Which is not a good time to loose your power steering. The tach on my car is consistant with the surging jumping up and down with rpm change. But I have noticed when driving and taking my foot off the gas the tach will jump up and down as the car is slowing down. Go from 600-900-700-1000....... Is everyone else having these isses with this TSB?

I'm afraid to drive the ****ing thing