Wheel sensor affecting O/D and Lockup? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wheel sensor affecting O/D and Lockup?

bobs02se
01-03-2010, 08:52 PM
My 02 SE with the ecotec is acting funny. If i am driving up a small hill at say 30 with a steady pedal, it will jump into O/D and lockup the converter. I can feel and see the drops in RPM. That leaves me at 1200 RPM and 32 MPH not good at all. I can actually slowly push the pedal all the way to the floor, and it will not come out of lockup. It just bogs and bogs. As soon as I let off of the gas, it will snap out of it, and the engine will rev up to match the car speed in third. Or, when it is bogging with a steady pedal, I can just barely tap the pedal, like flick it barely, and presto it will unlock and jump into third... It pretty much does it at any speed. Even if I am gently accelerating onto the highway, 55 58 61 It will lockup and pull my RPMs down to the point of having no power.. The only codes/ lights I have are SVS/TRAC/ABS and the codes are all RF wheel sensor...
Speedo works fine and the only other thing is I dont think it does it until it is almost warmed all the way up. I can go up the same small long hill in the morning, with a steady pedal, and it will stay in third at 2200 without dropping down. Driving me crazy. My idle is pretty rough, even with all new mounts. Real rough in gear. Wont sit at a light with the air on unless I put it in neutal. Is anything Vacuum operated? Sorry for length

Thanks, Robert

gagt Mechanic
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
the trans works off of the vehicle speed sensor not wheel speed sensor, so no its not the abs sensor. the switch that connects to your brake pedals for your brake lights also sends a signal to your trans which will take it out of lock up if its in lock up. I would check your idle issue and check your trans fluid level.

westerndragon
01-08-2010, 10:42 AM
that rough idle will mess all kinds of things potentially i have the 3.4 and vaccum problems are easy to come by definatly search out that option

bobs02se
01-08-2010, 09:58 PM
I have also noticed that sometimes I will have the air ducts on vent, then switch it to defrost. It will continue to blow through the vents. I can let off the gas fully, to try to increase vacuum and nothing happens, keep driving and like a mile later out of the blue with steady pedal it will switch and poof instant defrost. I suppose the air ducts are vacuum operated. Guess its time for some digging..

Thanks Robert