oil problems. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : oil problems.

heeroyue2002
01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
hello everyone. Engine is a v6 3100
Heres my issue:
I was driving around and my oil light would come on and off. when i arrived home it was off. oil is full. im running Mobil 1 synthetic 5w 30. Upon arrival i turned it off and turned it back on and the light stayed off, i even took a short trip around town and it stayed off.

Oh also, that was the first time its happened. Ive recently done the Lim gasket change with the walk through here. Coolant level hasn't dropped.

After talking a bit with aaron i decided to change the oil pressure sensor. I got it at autozone for $7. I believe i may have got the wrong one though since the clip part where the wire goes doesn't match with the original.

While under the car i decided to drain the oil. My reason for doing it was that on the dipstick it felt a bit thin to me. Oil was a bit warm since i had ran the engine and it flowed like water and was thin like it.

So what can be causing it, can gas be getting into my oil and thinning it? Did i mess up on my Lim gasket install? I still have to do a oil pressure test.

Sorry if i messed up on my grammer, its been a while since i got out of school. the lack of mental stimulation makes me feel like im retarding, ha and i may be.:doh:
Any help is appreciated, aaron feel free to chime in please =]

GrandAmGTTT
01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
well as long as the oil level is staying full and there isn't any leaking it sounds like its the sensor. Your oil isn't thinning and if something was mixing in with it, it would be coolant and that you would most def. notice since it gets a milky color. The oil when warm does run faster than when cold. Does the oil look normal? Just sounds like its a sensor issue to me

psy7
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
i agree with josh. i have seen it once and the oil was milky color,but it would probably be a sensor issue. check the sensor and see what it reads