MPG / Gas Tank Questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MPG / Gas Tank Questions

xpmar9x
01-16-2010, 06:18 AM
So i've noticed recently that I get horrible gas mileage. I even drove like an old person and never floored it and i'm still only getting 12-15mpg. I live 15 minutes away from the city I work/go to school at and I have to fill up twice a week!! I've also noticed that my tank is only getting filled up around 8 gallons, and I know it's not an 8 gallon tank.

So question one: Does anybody else have horrible gas mileage like this? Any tricks or anything to help with the mpg?

Question 2: How many gallons is the tank?

skifreak122
01-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I think the tank is around 14 gal empty.

How many miles does your car have on it and what kind of maintenance has been done? This may lead to some solutions to your problem...

There are no real 'tricks' to good mpg that I know of. It's simply a matter of conservative driving and proper maintenance.

350rs
01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I think the tank is around 14 gal empty.

How many miles does your car have on it and what kind of maintenance has been done? This may lead to some solutions to your problem...

There are no real 'tricks' to good mpg that I know of. It's simply a matter of conservative driving and proper maintenance.

Proper maintenance is 99% if your good mileage. Plugs, wires, so on and so forth. check that stuff. Being cold now also effects mileage. Its running " higher " longer in the cold to get to that warm temp. And if you let your car warm up in the morning or anything, that will obviously make it seem like your getting worse mileage. I let mine run for about 10 mins in the morning ( if its lower than about 10 degrees) while i finish up my coffee and breakfast before work.

PhantomLover007
01-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Tire pressure, air filter, clean MAF, not keeping excess weight in ther car and not having the GA at WOT... lol