Radio backlight half on/half off [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio backlight half on/half off

evulhotdog
01-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey, im new here, i found this forum while searching for solutions for my problem.

A while back my mom had installed a remote start system in my 2001 GA GT and it worked fine up until the battery died, well she tried to jump it, and she also hit the starter at the same time instead of doing it from inside the car, anyways, it sounded like a belt was loose or rubbing, like when you hold down the starter for the car when its already started. Ever since that day the top half lights of the radio have been burnt out and the radio/speaker system in the car is not powered on/useless. I checked all the fuses, and even retried replacing every single one and that didnt fix anything. I have some pictures here:

(too big to embed)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7466/img00016201001122302.jpg
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/290/img00017201001122303.jpg

Any idea what the issue could be? I called one place and they said they could just replace the radio for 200$. Any better solutions than that? Thanks :)

evulhotdog
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
No ideas? Do you think the best bet would be to replace the head unit?

PhantomLover007
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I'd say so. Check E-Bay if no one on here has one.

Lab Rat
01-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally I had only a tape deck in my SE. I posted a "radio wanted" post and bought CD/radio in about a week. Lots of guys pull the OEM for aftermarket and you can buy one of those. Or go big and get a killer system. Your choice as I think yours is shot.

evulhotdog
01-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally I had only a tape deck in my SE. I posted a "radio wanted" post and bought CD/radio in about a week. Lots of guys pull the OEM for aftermarket and you can buy one of those. Or go big and get a killer system. Your choice as I think yours is shot.

Thanks guys :D so I want to replace the HU with an aftermarket one, but i dont know what to look for or whats compatible, or what other options or features I would want. I know I want usb/aux port for sure. And I have questions about the speakers too. I need to replace the 6x9's in the back and in the future I plan on putting a sub or two in the trunk. What are the specs for the speakers that I should be going for? Like ill prob go for two way... I just dont know what would be compatible and such. Thanks for all the help so far :)