Car vibrates when turning [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car vibrates when turning

theflash4740
01-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a 99 GT and every once in a while the car will vibrate bad when i turn. At first i thought it was the tires being to flat? but i checked and it was inflated at the right psi. Anyone else have this problem or know what it might be?

stillriza
01-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Vibrates only when you turn in a specific direction? Only at high speed or at parking lot speeds? Where is the vibration, at the dash or steering wheel? Does the brake pedal pulsate? More info plz.

Have you done an alignment lately? Have you messed around with the accessory belt recently? When I over- tightened my pully I had a severe vibration when turning at low speeds until it was tightened to proper tension.

I can think of a bunch of stuff actually..
- Strut Mounts
- Ball Joint
- Wheel Bearing
- Tie Rod/End
- Steering Rack
- Hub Assembly

theflash4740
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
It vibrates in both directions and for right now only at slow speeds. and i had a alignment recently. and the vibration..i cant really tell you 100% but from i can tell i feel it in the steering wheel and i had my friend stand at a corner and he said he didnt see any vibration but he deff heard it.

Malaclypse
01-22-2010, 06:15 PM
It may be the tires crow hopping if you're making tight turns. Basically they'll 'skip' a bit when turning.

Did you get an alignment sheet when they did your alignment? Or just get new tires?