Big Problem, Passlock messed up? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Big Problem, Passlock messed up?

GA2000GTSpeed
01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
So i went out to warm up my car it started, took my keys out like ive done so many times before... when i came out to go to meeting it was off, lights still on, so i went to re start it, nothing happens no cranking, so right now when i turn the key the lights and stereo comes on, the gauge cluster does absolutely nothing, no lights, no start up procedure, and im going to work on this tonight, but my car is outside my garage with a foot of snow on the ground, and i have an 8am auto electric class tomorrow
;crap

So im going to be checking this a lot though the night and email my teachers so i dont get dropped from my classes...

Mike Jung
01-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Doesn't sound like the PassLock system.
Because when the engine is running, it doesn't do anything.

Check all your fuses (?).

GA2000GTSpeed
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
yah i just thought about fuses im going to check it in a second

GA2000GTSpeed
01-31-2010, 09:52 PM
ok scratch that off the list... ignition fuses r fine,

Oh and here another thing, last night one of my (kinda Intoxicated) friends spilled his large coke coke all over my passenger side floor, and it was completely soaked, could this of affected or short circuit anything??? i didn't feel like messing with it last night.

Mike Jung
01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
The only thing that I am aware down there...under the passenger seat is the air bag module IIRC.

BUT the BCM box is behind the glove box though !

GrandAmMe
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
BUT the BCM box is behind the glove box though !

Just thought of that aswell.

GA2000GTSpeed
01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
okay im just going to wait till tomorrow and have my roommates help me push my car into my garage since theres a nice bump i have to get over to get into my garage, im to tired and frustrated to work with electronics right now...

GA2000GTSpeed
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
So i left my battery Disconnected for at least an hour... My car started... Now heres the question, i don't have my tuner right now, and i have bigger then stock injectors on my car and when i started my car i could smell that it was running pretty rich, could my tune gotten reset? And also if all i did was reset my car this will probably happen again?

KhellendrosxS
02-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Running bigger injectors than stock is going to mess up your fuel trims and the PCM is not going to be able to compensate for that.

The reason it smells like its running rich is because it is. This is not due to the PCM reset (even though the trims are ATM), chances are that its rich because you cranked it and it didnt start but the injectors were still pumping waaaay too much fuel into each cylinder. When it finally caught those vapors ignited and thats why it smells strong.

Until you can properly tune the car you should be using stock injectors.

GA2000GTSpeed
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Running bigger injectors than stock is going to mess up your fuel trims and the PCM is not going to be able to compensate for that.

The reason it smells like its running rich is because it is. This is not due to the PCM reset (even though the trims are ATM), chances are that its rich because you cranked it and it didnt start but the injectors were still pumping waaaay too much fuel into each cylinder. When it finally caught those vapors ignited and thats why it smells strong.

Until you can properly tune the car you should be using stock injectors.

I'm guessing you didn't get what i was saying... when i tried to start the car before it did NOTHING=(No Cranking,No Fuel Pump running, No Spark) and as i said i had my car tuned (Or look at my Signature)... i tuned it my self with my DHP Tuner, What i was asking is with the battery being disconnected for so long if the PCM would of of reset to the stock tune. because when i had my trans rebuilt the shop owner said that i would have to re flash my PCM, or is my tune still there and my car just need to re learn the Fuel trims or whatever it has to do???

AaronGTR
02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
No, that is not possible. Disconnecting the battery resets the fuel trims and that is ALL. It can not reset itself to the stock programming... it has no where to store that information. ;) It only has what you program into it, and it will not change that without you manually flashing another program onto the pcm.

GA2000GTSpeed
02-02-2010, 12:52 AM
No, that is not possible. Disconnecting the battery resets the fuel trims and that is ALL. It can not reset itself to the stock programming... it has no where to store that information. ;) It only has what you program into it, and it will not change that without you manually flashing another program onto the pcm.

Sweet well that works, so i just need to drive around so my car can learn the fuel trims again... so then with my battery being in my trunk i just need to dis and re connect my battery if my car does this again? But i would still like to know what caused this in the first place... and possibly how to fix it. or maybe it was a one time thing?

GA2000GTSpeed
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
So i went out to my car to start it today and once again... Nothing!!! So i guess i'm just going to leave my battery disconnected all night after i park my car... but i think im going to try the passlock bypass today ;crap FML

KhellendrosxS
02-02-2010, 06:54 PM
My bad...I misread your post above.

To diagnose a battery draw first have your battery completely charged up by whatever means you wish. Once its installed undo the negative battery cable.

Go inside and have a few beers for 30 minutes to allow all systems to shut off.

Place a DVM in series with the negative post and the negative cable. The reading should be less than 50 mV (which is the maximum GM spec). If it is more than 50 mV youll need to start pulling fuses until you find the one(s) that is(are) drawing current.

Repair as needed.

GA2000GTSpeed
02-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I think i may have found the problem... from talking to a lot of people and the dealership, i believe that its the starter switch, its a $90 part from Autozone, or the ignition cylinder which is $150-160 and the dealership would have to re-program my pcm... but i'm leaning more to the ignition switch, i am regretfully taking my car to the dealership tomorrow ;crap

i just dont have time to really mess with it right now since im behind in my classes

GA2000GTSpeed
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Okay so i bought a ignition switch and replaced it... still nothing... so i had to buy a new ignition cylinder, can i reprogram my car with the DHP turner so i can use the new cylinder till i can take it somewhere for them to change the tumblers around so i dont have to have 2 keys?

Grandamgtblk99
02-03-2010, 09:18 PM
The reprogram just means you have to leave the ignition to the on position till the security light stops blinking. Then turn the ignition off and then turn it on and you're done.

GA2000GTSpeed
02-03-2010, 09:24 PM
sweet

GA2000GTSpeed
02-03-2010, 10:37 PM
welp... that didnt work either

GrandAmMe
02-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Any update?

GA2000GTSpeed
02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Well i took it to gm... and they said that it was from how i did my battery relocation and that it came a lil loose... BS... i drove to joplin to get some bww with some frat bro and on the way back it kept dieing, we almost made it back to the house then it got to the point were it wouldnt start again. i took the fuse box cover off and told someone to turn the key and i saw a lil flash from one of the ignition fuses, almost like it was trying to arch to another fuse. so i switch around the 2 30A fuses and it worked fine, one of the fuses was an el cheapo so im just going to replace it with a higher quality one.