glasspacks [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : glasspacks

Mattyj724
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
So i Googled Glasspack and everything show it being used as a muffler. now i know iv seen people talking about using a glasspack with a magnaflow muffler, right?? where would you put it? and do they take out the res? basiclly im getting my exhaust installed and i will have headers 2.5 piping with a magnaflow muffler that is sold on mpracing. i also will have CAI and chip! im trying ot avoid the rasp at high rpms, and iv watched 100 videos on youtube all sounding differnet. any comments or advice?

[ChaosweaveR]
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
I had just a glasspack for awhile. It's not bad at all when the pipping is 2.25", but they do make great resonators. 18" works best, I have it with my Flowmaster 80 muffler, and it sounds great.

Mattyj724
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
does 18" glasspack replace the res pretty good size wise?? Thanks for the reply. i would love to hear the sound

[ChaosweaveR]
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
does 18" glasspack replace the res pretty good size wise?? Thanks for the reply. i would love to hear the sound

Pretty much. I have a dyno vid where you can hear it great. Just look through my threads, I'm too lazy right now. lol

AaronGTR
02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
A glass pack is a muffler. It's just a name for a type of muffler that uses fiberglass sound dampening material. If you use a glass pack along with a magnaflow, then you are using two mufflers on the system. If you find a small enough glass pack, you could put it in place of the resonator.

Mattyj724
02-02-2010, 01:08 AM
A glass pack is a muffler. It's just a name for a type of muffler that uses fiberglass sound dampening material. If you use a glass pack along with a magnaflow, then you are using two mufflers on the system. If you find a small enough glass pack, you could put it in place of the resonator.

If you use it as a res, ( a small one) will it hurt performance?

AaronGTR
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Depends on how the gas flow is routed inside. If it's not straight through, it could slow down the exhaust gas a bit. If it's bigger than stock piping diameter though, you might not lose a lot. It all depends. I was using a magnaflow XL straight through muffler for a while in place of the stock resonator. Later I ended up getting a smaller vibrant resonator instead 'cause I wanted to save weight and stream line it in the air flow under the car more, and I took the magnaflow and put it on my grand prix. :D

[ChaosweaveR]
02-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Here ya go, my dyno vid. I love my exhaust setup. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8poqb-JZau0