Low coolent light... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Low coolent light...

raymond03GT
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey Everyone,

Im haveing a problem with my low coolent light turing on when im reaching high rpms. The light turns off in less than a minute though , i have checked my coolent level many times and each time i have checked the coolent level is were it should be. Has any body had this problem? If so what was wrong with it? Any help is greatly appreciated. by the way i have a 2003 3.4 v6.

Thanks,

Raymond

GrandAmMe
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Maybe its sucking more coolant as you accelerate due to the motor spinning the belts faster? just my best guess.

AaronGTR
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Could be several things... possibly the radiator is getting plugged or the thermostat isn't opening fully, and that could restrict the coolant flow enough that it would stay full at low rpm and the pump would suck it down at high rpm. I think that would create a vacuum in the rad though and the system should always be under pressure. You might have some air in the system, or the pressure cap could be bad and not holding pressure. It's hard to say much more without more to go on.

Laser57
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
If the reason the car is at high RPM is because you are accelarating it could be the coolant being slung to the back of the reserve tank and trigering the low coolant sensor. The light will turn on in my car when I go up certian hills and before I added more coolant it would do it when I stepped on it real hard. I got mine to quit by adding a little more coolant to the reserve tank.