Replacing a throttle cable... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a throttle cable...

zukiracer19
02-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Where could I find the cable for the lower part of the butterfly... mines got a crack and it's getting hung up... finally got it to release... anyone know where i can find one? and how hard is it to replace? where do the lines go?

Laser57
02-10-2010, 07:39 AM
The cable towards the front of the car goes to the cruise control and the one towards the rear goes to the gas pedal. You can probally get a new one at NAPA (they don't list it on the website, but they probally have it or can get you one). The other way it looks like it would need to be done would be to take the cable and the tube it runs through off, cut off one of the ends, pull it through, push a new length of cable in, put it through the butterfly, put the end on the cable at this point at the butterfly, reinstall the tube and cable, and do the same thing at the other end (either the gas pedal or the cruise control module). If you can get a cable at NAPA it might have a end on it for the gas pedal or cruise control module, but to attach it to the butterfly it looks like you need to run the cable through then put the stop on it once it's through. I've never done it before, but I'd imagine thats how it works baised on looking at it (I didn't look how it ataches inside the cruise control or on the gas pedal) but thats how I think it would work.