Blower Motor Noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blower Motor Noise

Metallman56
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
got in my car the other morning and turned on the heat. my blower motor sounded like it was a jet engine. very loud, and vibrates so bad i can feel it in the gas pedal, stearing wheel, and my dash viberates. my heat still works fine (thank god) but it sounds like my car is falling apart.

anyone else have this problem? i dont know if its the blower itself, or something else thats causing it to rattle my car. the blower itself is less then 3 years old. no its not the resistor.

yes its definatly blower related. the higher speed the blower is on, the worse it gets. turn the blower off, it stops. it also does this with a/c as well.

thanks for the help guys

350rs
02-13-2010, 10:02 AM
i had that about a month ago. I got lucky though and it went away. Almost like something got on one of the blades and made it off balance, but eventually came off. Do you park under trees or anything like that? Could be a small stick or something that got down inside there. My dads got a leaf on his.

Laser57
02-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I agree. I had a 83 Dodge van that sat in a hedge row for 10 years before I restored it and it had so many leaves in the blower it would shake the dash and steering wheel real bad and every now and then it would start throwing them out like a leaf chipper. If this is the case it will do it until the 'object(s)' get dislodged and then will be fine.

Metallman56
02-14-2010, 10:56 AM
well i took it all apart yesterday, and yes there was something in it. what? a piece of charcoal colored foam. dont know wtf its from but its out and it sounds like new again, thank god.

thanks guys!

PhantomLover007
02-14-2010, 11:03 AM
The foam is probably from the ducting

Metallman56
02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
yeah that was my thought.