Problem starting 3400 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting 3400

himfanzach
02-15-2010, 05:19 AM
In the cold I go to start car it starts then dies. Do it again and same thing, then again and sounds like backfires through wai. Do it again reves high give it gas and runs fine. I changed my plugs which was about 2months ago need to switch them out and also get wires. My cat clogged my old spark plugs well 2 of them were cracked read codes had misfires and stuff. Changed plugs and removed cat no codes other then no cat code.
Any ideas? Think just need new plugs and spark plugs(ones I got were autolight I beleive) coil or something else?

Bryan
02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
I'd suggest checking out your vacuum lines possibly, but I guess if that were the case you'd be throwing a code.

himfanzach
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah only code popping up is one for the catalytic.

GA2000GTSpeed
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
what plugs did you put in?

hahano404
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow, my brain started to hurt after reading that.

If you suspect plugs are the issue. AC Delcos are the only plug I would use in a gm vehicle.

If it happens only when its cold you may have one or many other issues that wont set a light. It very well could be a bad thermostat, a cracked coil, idle air control being clogged, intake leak after the mass air flow meter, or even a bad battery connection. And thats only a couple things that could be wrong.

Its hard to say. good luck

stonemason90
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
check your vaccuum soleniod mine cracked and it was a pain in the you know what to start and keep running in the cold.

edit: also it didnt show a code for it either so its a possibility you might wanna check, id try cleaning it first though cuz theyre not cheap mine ran around 60-70 new......