Need some help and feeback on how to run a wiring kit in a 2003 gagt [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help and feeback on how to run a wiring kit in a 2003 gagt

stlbsblmattp
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Im going to be putting subs in my grand am that I had in my last car. I have everything needed for install, however, i just wanted to see how other people installed their subs. if anyone ran their own wiring kit i would like to know where you went through the firewall at and how you hooked it to the battery. My dad informed me that it is a side mount battery so it might be more difficult than the top mounted battery. Any help on this subject would be great. Thanks.

thormxkid
02-16-2010, 07:08 PM
get a gm batt tap from your locol audio shop for attaching your paower to the battery...as from as running your power wire theres a grey grommet you can run it threw under the drivers side dash....as from as the rest of the car power wire down drivers side of the car and rcas down the other side

Laser57
02-16-2010, 07:18 PM
get a gm batt tap from your locol audio shop for attaching your paower to the battery...as from as running your power wire theres a grey grommet you can run it threw under the drivers side dash....as from as the rest of the car power wire down drivers side of the car and rcas down the other side

That grommet works great. I used it when I hooked up my underglow. You'll probally need another person and a piece of brazing rod with a loop bent on the end to pull the wire up through. Thats what I did anyway.

stlbsblmattp
02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks a lot guys. just saved me a lot of time and hassle.