is this air ride any good?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : is this air ride any good??

Sparky'sGA01
02-25-2010, 11:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FBSS-AIR-RIDE-BAG-SUSPENSION-KIT-99-05-PONTIAC-GRAND-AM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f0e1a7cfQQitemZ300 394063823QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

will this actually work??

or just one of those cheap ebay items??

is there anywhere else too get a nice full kit??

thanks!

lightningGA
02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
That's a great kit but in my opinion, 1/2 line is a little big to work with and will drop and raise the car really fast. Dotcomparts has a very good reputation. They also have a website www.dotcomparts.com

............BUT................they drop ship from EasyStreet who no longer make the air struts for the Grand Am. Not sure why they still have them listed when they're not available. I'd email or call before you order.

ganut
02-25-2010, 03:47 PM
1/2" line will be fine. If it drops too quick, just put some restrictors on the dump valves. That's what I'll probably do with mine. We'll see though

email them before you buy to make sure you can actually get the struts. Paul is correct that easystreet doesn't produce them anymore.

lightningGA
02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
email them before you buy to make sure you can actually get the struts. Paul is correct that easystreet doesn't produce them anymore.

I know for a fact that they can NOT get them.

ganut
02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
I know for a fact that they can NOT get them.

They can't get anymore from easystreet, that's for sure. But there still may be some distributors that have some left in stock.

If the company in question just dropships from easystreet, then yea, you're SOL.

Sparky'sGA01
02-26-2010, 06:38 AM
ok thanks guys