securing my subs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : securing my subs

stlbsblmattp
02-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey guys just had a question on screwing brackets from my sub enclosure to my car. I am wanting to go from the sub enclosure and run and "L" shape bracket to screw it to the car. Im not sure what i would be screwing into though so i figured better safe than sorry and figured id just ask. Has anyone ever put screws into the trunk panel? Dont wanna hit any wiring or anything vital. The pics will show just exactly what i mean. Also my box comes forward and overlaps the spare tire about half way so what do you guys do for that? im thinking about putting a 2x4 running length wise on the back to give it a little bit of a lift so i clear the spare tire housing. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

burgett2103
02-28-2010, 12:52 PM
if the subs are heavy enough and the box is carpeted, it really shouldn't move around. i'm not sure how far back the spare tire cover goes back towards the rear but you could try a few L brackets from the backside of the box (side towards rear seat) and go straight down into the spare tire cover.

Mattyj724
02-28-2010, 01:15 PM
if you box i sover the spare tire then lifting it a few inchs isnt gonna make the spare tire clear if you need to get it out.. so id keep it on the floor of the trunk and keep a screw driver in the car in case you need to remove the box.. i have everything (amp and that little battery thing) mounted to my box so if i need to take out the box i unscrew 2 wires and unplug 2. then boom its out..

burgett2103
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
or if your a total BA you don't even put a spare tire in the car

PhantomLover007
02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.loldawgz.com/dawgz/All-Your-Base-AYBABTU.jpg

Velcro the bottom at the corners and the middle.

stlbsblmattp
03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
if the subs are heavy enough and the box is carpeted, it really shouldn't move around. i'm not sure how far back the spare tire cover goes back towards the rear but you could try a few L brackets from the backside of the box (side towards rear seat) and go straight down into the spare tire cover.

lol it actually does. i went to get my baseball gear out of the turnk a few days ago and the box was all the way in front.

if you box i sover the spare tire then lifting it a few inchs isnt gonna make the spare tire clear if you need to get it out.. so id keep it on the floor of the trunk and keep a screw driver in the car in case you need to remove the box.. i have everything (amp and that little battery thing) mounted to my box so if i need to take out the box i unscrew 2 wires and unplug 2. then boom its out..

it is not completely covering the spare tire housing. id say about 1/3 is covered by my box. i just figured giving it an inch or so would give me enough room to unscrew the cap and lift the cover out. the space that is left is plenty big enough for the tire to fit through just the cover is held down pretty good. but yeah i guess it wouldnt be a bad idea to just leave a screwdriver back there and if need be remove the brackets, lower the back seats, and push the box out of the way.

thanks guys