window regulator [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window regulator

01PontiacGT
03-05-2010, 04:12 AM
repost---got closed without answering question

Few weeks ago the clips broke on my window regulator cause i'm stupid and tried putting the window down when it was frozen knowing it wouldn't work, . Anyways, I put a new regulator in, but now I can't figure out how to attach the window to the regulator. Has anybody else had this problem?

Tonyyank- not the answer I was looking for. I posted b/c a search didn't provide the answer I was looking for. The new regulator I put came with new clips, tracks and everything. The window is resting ontop of the clips but it's I can't figure out how to attach them. Window does move up and down fine, but get's stuck at the top of the door when the seal holds it in place. thanks

KhellendrosxS
03-05-2010, 05:34 AM
The clips are glued to the window. You have to mark the window where they go and then take them out and glue them up....dont ask me what to use though.

rx7-5.0
03-05-2010, 05:49 AM
the window has 2 plastic pieces and the window regulator will have 2 plastic clips. they bolt together. Actually I think the window has 2 metal pieces also (not positive.).......but anyways make sure u have all the plastic pieces

Saber326
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM
make sure the plastic pieces that attach to the bottom window arent broken. it should form a "U" shape for the window to sit in. sometimes one side of the clip can break off. ive fixed my windows like 4 times on my car lol. every time a different problem.

01PontiacGT
03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
thank you

Laser57
03-08-2010, 11:46 AM
I had the same problem on mine (it wasn't the same cause tho). The clips I found out are attached to the window so I ended up making a new bracket out of metal two mount it to the track. I attached the bracket by drilling and bolting the bracket I made to what was left to the clip on the window.