Changing Front Rotors 2002 Trailblazer [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Changing Front Rotors 2002 Trailblazer

Panacea
03-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if there's anything special to changing rotors on a 2002 Trailblazer? I've read a few things that suggest that I have to remove the hub assembly.

Malaclypse
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Not that I've seen. I think only the Colorado/Canyon had captured rotors.

Replacing the rotors on a Trailblazer should be just like changing them on a GA or any other car. Just remember you need a T45 or T47 torx socket to remove the caliper retainer bolt. I'd put that bolt back in because it makes reassembly easier since you don't have to hold the rotor to the hub while installing the bracket, pads or caliper.

Panacea
03-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm a little confused by your last sentence though.

350rs
03-09-2010, 06:20 PM
hes saying to put the bolt/screw back into the hub with the rotor on it so it stays in place to make it easier to put the caliper and everything back on.

When i did the g/f's mazda i took them out and left them out. since they broke two of my impact driver tips.. jackass things. lol i didnt want to risk them doing it again. i just used my knee to keep it against the hub.

Malaclypse
03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Or in the case of hollow lugnuts, you can flip one around so the hex side is facing the rotor and put it on finger tight to hold everything.