MAF and IATwiring ? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MAF and IATwiring ?

92cavquest
03-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I am trying to finish up my install here and can't find the wiring for my MAF and IAT sensors. I'm wondering if anyone can go look at theirs and trace the wiring for them back a little and tell me where it comes from. I'm wondering if I'm missing a chunk or wiring somewhere. I have a harness that goes around the back of the engine and then connects to the injector harness, a wiring harness that goes to the font of the engine for the starter and fans and a thirs harness that goes into the wheel well for the ABS and TCM. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AaronGTR
03-13-2010, 06:29 PM
uh, well... it would help if we knew what car this is in and what engine/wiring harness you are using. It says your vehicle is a '97 cavalier...

92cavquest
03-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry. lol It's a 2001 Grand Am GT

AaronGTR
03-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Ah, in that case... the main branch of harness with most of the engine controls runs along the firewall behind the brake booster. After that it splits into two main branches and one runs along the back in front of the coil packs and goes to the ignition module, alternator, injector harness connector etc. The other branch loops towards the front and splits off to the IAT and MAF, as well as the TPS, IAC, EVAP, etc.