Valet removal [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Valet removal

dysfunction
03-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Alright, my wife's grand am has been acting strange lately, so perhaps you all can help me. when you go to start it, it will occasionally keep the starter engaged, and as you turn the key back to off, the vehicle will keep running (I'm assuming it's from the remote start somehow being engaged) until you press the brake to kill it. I'm pretty sure somehow the remote start is being activated as I try to start it with a key. I would remove it, but I've got no clue as to exactly what I need to remove. I found 2 boxes under the dash. 1 is a Valet 561R and the other says MODEL555L...Are these part of the same system, or did someone piggyback another remote start off another one? What all do I need to do to remove this?

dysfunction
03-13-2010, 04:59 PM
well, I got the Valet out. I just traced the wires from the box to all the spots on the factory harness and disconnected them. I left the DEI 555L in there because now that the valet is gone, the car starts just like it's supposed to minus a remote. whoever installed the valet sucks tho....they definitely used a bunch of electrical tape and cut up the factory harness to splice everything in.

AaronGTR
03-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Since the alarm/remote start isn't factory equipment... how are we supposed to know? That would be a question for the shop that installed it, or the manufacturer of the system. ;)