Not sure what to do... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do...

Kayaus
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
In the past week my area has been getting slammed with heavy storms and alot of rain. One thing I've noticed with the rain though is whenever I go to stop and the my car goes back into first (automatic) I hear a bang sound coming from the bottom rear of the car. I've heard this before, but again only during the rain I'm assuming its my gearbox or even just some water up the exhaust pipe, but so far no damage has been seen as far as driving / stopping / stearing goes. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about or if its a nessesary fix.

Thank you :)

hahano404
03-16-2010, 10:57 AM
are you having hard up****s or when you put it into park or reverse?
sounds like line pressure could be maxed for some reason.

hahano404
03-16-2010, 10:57 AM
shifts..... haha lol musta spelt it wrong

Kayaus
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Nope, upshifts are normal between 1800-2400.

Another thing I've noticed with it is I can hear when the bang is going to happen, it only happens once a day I've noticd when it rains, but the engine will sound really muffled. My GAGT is 100% stock, but it will sound (from the inside) like (just to better explain it) some fart-can exhaust is like down the road and you can here it get farhter away, its like a really low sounding growl.

hahano404
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
hows performance? still have power? could be a blown out cat. you could hear a back fire on decel.

if the cat has been hot and than rapidly cooled by large water pools or if water was sucked in exhaust when an engine was cut off. it may have caused damage to cat.

im assuming its exhaust backfire. more like a loud pop.
does it sound mechanical? or add any type of feel like jerking or something?

Kayaus
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
A very slight jerk, the bang itself sounds like you run over a branch and it kicks up crap under the chassie. Like I'm not sure how to explain this cause I know it sounds like I'm just spiting random crap xD

hahano404
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
yea its just a lil difficult. hard to say. are you throwing a light/ codes?
sounds like it maybe something loose or a bad bushing that only tweeks itself the right way while coming to a stop.

something ive never rally heard of from the forums ive been on.
possible of getting under it to see anything?