Clicking when turning?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Clicking when turning??

brianwolf3
03-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Alright so today I replaced my hub since my old bearing was bad on my 03 GA GT. I finish everything up and put it back together and drive out and notice something that didn't happen before I took it apart. The driver side, the side I replaced now clicks. It only clicks when moving forward and when the steering wheel is turned 3/4 or more. I assumed I must have screwed up the CV joint. So I replaced the whole dam shaft and put it back together again and it still is clicking. I have no idea what this is. Could it be from the hub nut not being torqued correctly?? Any help would be great!

brianwolf3
03-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh it only happens when you turn right.

juanvan
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Def not a wheel lug - take a look at your sway bar links, see how they are.
Also at your tie rod ends... I would have thought it to be the axle as well and replaced it.

Gl

remiljr
03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
make sure the abs wiring on hub isnt catching anything>?

lone_wolf025
03-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Check your cv joints as well. If the boots are torn or leaking you might need to replace the assembly.

juanvan
03-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Check your cv joints as well. If the boots are torn or leaking you might need to replace the assembly.

Replaced the axle - thus replacing the cv joints. :)

GA2000GTSpeed
03-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Have someone outside your car with there hand on the spring, sit in one spot, with the car on and turn the wheel from lock to lock. if the spring doesn't move for a sec then you hear the click and the spring jolts, the strut bearing is bad, if the spring turns smoothly the strut bearing is good and one less thing to worry about.

About the wheel hub assembly make sure that all 3 bolts are pretty tight and use lock tight. mine came loose after awhile when i didn't use any.

On the hub/axle nut there is a spec to torque it to that should of came with the hub assembly and new style nut that should of came with the hub assembly.

Make sure your tie rods are not loose.

Cant really think of anything else off the top of my head.

juanvan
03-25-2010, 07:09 PM
That could def be it but as to it only happening one way is kinda strange.