Lacking low end power [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lacking low end power

chadicenhour
03-29-2010, 07:36 PM
I have a 99 GAGT and it seems to be lacking low end power. It seems as if when I want to make a moderate acceleration from a stop that it takes more throttle than it actually should. Once I get half throttle or more, the power seems to kick in all at once. I have a new cat, new AC Delco plugs, new wires, new ICM, 3 new coils, new air filter, new fuel filter, upstream o2 sensor, about 500 miles on new headgaskets/LIM gaskets. This car is going to be the death of me. I bought it thinking it needed LIM gaskets, but it turned out to be headgaskets. I replaced them along with many other things that were rigged. It seems like to me that it isn't getting enough fuel upon acceleration. I'm not sure how to describe it, I'm not sure that it would even spin a tire from a stop. Anyway, I checked fuel pressure and it was about 45psi at idle, but stayed at 40psi while driving it under all conditions. I also suspect the MAF could be a problem, but I don't want to just throw parts at it. Anyone know what data should be for the MAF? I remember seeing data for the MAF when hooked up to the scanner, but I don't know what the parameters are suppose to be. Anyway, I have driven 2 other GAGTs and both of them would run all over my car by just easing on the throttle. My 97 GAGT I had would probably outrun this 99. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.
-Chad

Laser57
03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Is your SES light on? If it is one something in the motor might not be doing what the PCM is telling it to and it would make a big performance issue. You can check a lot of that stuff if you find somebody with a good scanner that knows how to use it.

chadicenhour
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Is your SES light on? If it is one something in the motor might not be doing what the PCM is telling it to and it would make a big performance issue. You can check a lot of that stuff if you find somebody with a good scanner that knows how to use it.

SES light is not on. I have no codes or pending codes. I have a Snap-on Solus scanner that I can read the data, but I don't know what the parameters are suppose to be.