Fluid blowing up throw reservoir [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fluid blowing up throw reservoir

realestdriver
04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I was going through the drive-thru last night when I started smelling antifreeze AGAIN. So this is not the first time this has happened, the first time I checked for leaks and any other major problems. My radiator hoses were sucked closed which did not help the situation any, but something caused it to suck close in the first place. The only wet spot was where the overfill hoses to my reservoir goes. My thermostat is fairly new and my temperatures never get past 220-230 degrees at the times this occurred. I filled her back up and bleed the lines of air once she cooled down. What do you guys think should be my next move, because short on time to fix this.

Vegeta
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Probably a head gasket if its coming out the resevoir.

remiljr
04-01-2010, 08:25 PM
wtf? why would it be head gasket? Id say restriction somewhere but not totaly clogged which is why your not overheating. Do a coolant flush and replace the radiater hose. i used prestone quick flush.... drain coolant, add quick flush and water, drive it around, drain it again, blast the garden hose through it and fill it back up with coolant. imo

Vegeta
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
If its pushing fluid out the overflow, the combustion pressure is entering the cooling system. Seems odd that it would suck in the hoses though unless it cavitates the water pump after the RPMs drop down and the fluid level goes down as well.

remiljr
04-01-2010, 08:39 PM
If its pushing fluid out the overflow, the combustion pressure is entering the cooling system. Seems odd that it would suck in the hoses though unless it cavitates the water pump after the RPMs drop down and the fluid level goes down as well.

ic

realestdriver
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
i wouldn't think its the head gasket but i'll look into some more, i probably got like 25k on this engine now, powerband is solid, and my oil looks good (royal purple :-)