02 LIM. Replacement exhaust studs Anyone know the part #? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 02 LIM. Replacement exhaust studs Anyone know the part #?

sugar ray
04-04-2010, 01:23 AM
In the process of putting everything back together on my 02. Classic LIM change. figured I would change the head gaskets while I was in there. Machined the heads. Ported them, new seals, clean valves etc....

Heads look brand new again! Anyways, upon removing the exhaust from the heads I had one of the studs SNAP! I am referring to the studs that come out of the sides of the heads. Lucky me......drill and tap. Got that all fixed up no problem but am having troubles locating a replacement. NO luck at local parts stores. Does anyone know if GM has a listing for these?

Also snapped 2 other ones that were NOT on the heads but were located near the down pipe. suckers were seized on and snapped coming off.

It amazes me how the factories NEVER use ANTI-SIEZE on fastners? That stuff is truly amazing. I usually treat all my fastners with it when rebuilding

my pic shows the studs im referring to. thanks for any and all responses

gagt Mechanic
04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
any parts store especially one with a machine shop can get the studs or carries them. I have ordered them a few time from the car quest by my work. you just need to find the right person.

people don use anti-sieze because even though it makes taking it apart easy, the vibration from the eng and daily driving tends to loosen stuff up. also on any torque application, the reduced friction will cause things to be way over torqued and probably broken.