abs keeps engageing randomly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : abs keeps engageing randomly

chuckclose1
04-04-2010, 12:37 AM
my abs keeps engaging every other time i stop the car. i replaced the brakes that were worn and recently replaced the drivers side hub and the wire is tied down and taped so it dont move or get moister in it.

my svs light is always on because of my hids not having high beams so i dont know if its being trigered when it happens but my track off and abs light comes on every day at some point.

has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? any help on this matter would be great.

gagt Mechanic
04-15-2010, 08:55 PM
you could have rust inside a hub. the hubs have a tone ring inside of them for the abs. you could have a few teeth that are worn down or a piece of rust connecting two teeth. it may not bee enough to trigger a code all the time but enough to screw it up. I would get the codes pulled to see which wheel speed sensor is dropping out, you will prob need to replace that as well. even if the lights are not on it will store a history code that can be retrived.

[ChaosweaveR]
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Something is up with the ABS plug on the hub, that or as said, rust is built up inside the bearings. A new assembly may be needed.

As for the HID's, you need to deactivate the DRL's. I have 6000K HID's, with no high beams, and no SVS light. (the +03 models just have a relay, yours requires some rewiring on the BCM)

westerndragon
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
so effectivly you idiots with HID's are running around high beaming all the time?

[ChaosweaveR]
04-16-2010, 11:40 AM
so effectivly you idiots with HID's are running around high beaming all the time?

Um, no.

I have mine aimed down a bit more. I don't need highs with HID's anyway.

westerndragon
04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
ok :-) -1 idiot :-)