engine temp [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : engine temp

ehsan
04-06-2010, 12:07 PM
So for some reason i am losing antifreeze. Not sure why. I just filled the reservoir up because it was almost empty and I noticed my car was getting hot. So the low coolant light still comes on every now and again. Another problem that seems to be part of this is that when I turn my heater on cold air comes out untill the engine reaches to a certain temperature and the thermostat allows the coolant to pass through. As soon as that happens the heat works. Also, I am having some misfire issues. I think its just the spark plugs. Anyway, has anyone else seen this before or does it sound familiar?

hahano404
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM
lim gasket. search for it.

sucks but the majority of us had to deal with it.

that sounds like normal heater operation to me.

Mac0083
04-06-2010, 12:45 PM
about the anti-freeze... i'm dealing with that right now. yeah the Lower Intake Manifold gasket apparently sucks on grand ams. if you don't see coolant leaking out on the ground, then that means it is leaking into your oil, a bad problem.
like your orange paint with black wheels, good look.

350rs
04-07-2010, 06:03 PM
did the LIM, not a difficult task. but time consuming.

As far as the heater... i had the same issue. Turns out i had a lot of air in the system. Find your leak and fix it, top it off, and bleed it out over the corse of a few days ( at least thats what it took for me).