window regulator guides [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : window regulator guides

MyNameIsAdao
04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Well surprise surprise my window fell straight down a few weeks agom.

Window clips shot as well as the plastic guides.

Window didn't break but I bought a new one with fresh clips on it anyway.

Now for the plastic guides. Both snapped.
I found the guides on ebay for about $30.

Is it possible to install plastic guides or is it mandatory to replace the whole set up?

Let me know asap. I'm itchin to get that window in.

And if anyone has any guides get at me. Heeeeeeeeeelp

Adao

jeepmudbogger
04-08-2010, 10:40 AM
When mine broke, I found the 2 sash clips for the bottom of the window on ebay for about $15. I ended up having to buy a new window regulator because the brackets in the track broke off. check rockauto.com, i have found a few things cheaper for the car and my jeep there

Laser57
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
When the same thing happened to mine, it appeared that you can not change the tracks clips without destroying the setup, so you will have to go to an auto parts store and buy the whole assembly. Autozone was the cheapest I found one for.

MyNameIsAdao
04-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok. Great.

Found whole assembly on ebay for $30 sjipped. oem.

Should get it today.

Wish me luck on install

Thanks guys.

SuburbGT
04-13-2010, 02:39 PM
good luck on the install. it's so easy a caveman could do it.

Tonyyank
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
ya ive done 4 ebay ones....easy.

PhantomLover007
09-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Tore apart my front drivers side door today to see why my window wasn't going down. I thought it was the motor at first becuase it wasn't making any sound. Took it off and plugged it back in and it worked fine. Started looking for the plastic clips and found this...

It's broken off the left side of the regulator and not the main one near the motor.

Luckily.. I pushed the window down a bit and I'm able to move it up and down w/ power. Damn GM for making clips so cheap. They could have used metal.. ;crap